1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Had to take a shower after seeing that Carlson "Daddy's home" clip on the news and I may still be doing the Lady Macbeth thing all day. That sickening.
    It's one of many things that makes you wonder about the conservative movement nowadays, their arrogance and disconnect with reality.
    And, not to work Starman's corners, do you really want someone who's expressed his, uh, desire for his daughter and walked into the changing room with underage girls at a beauty pageant being called Daddy?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's WEIRD.
    They're WEIRD.
    And they never should have backed off of that message because it was working.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In his defense, he never threw a chair off the roof of a bar and had it land within three feet of police officers.

Really, that’s the best I could come up with.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's all projection, chapter whatever.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Beautiful Carolina fall day to stand in a 30-minute-or-so line for early voting in Greenville County, South Carolina.

maumann likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Give unto Caesar

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not on this Chipotle Ranch!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Or is that, Render unto Caesar?

My churching has expired.

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

This headline doesn't really do the story justice, but I'm glad the N&O/McClatchy dug into this a little. Bits and pieces of this were coming out on social media from the people involved during the hurricane aftermath.

Basically what happened is Rep. Virginia Foxx owns a road that several other people live on and are required to pay for the maintenance of. It washed out during the storm, leaving one family unable to get out. Foxx owns a second road on her property that would have allowed those folks to get in and out, but she refused to grant access leaving them stuck for a while. She keeps it gated and sometimes uses vehicles to block it.

Just another reminder that Virginia Foxx is indeed a terrible human being.

tapintoamerica and garrow like this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I found this interesting. They're not changing my mind on anything. But it's not a bad thing to hear from divergent voices that aren't totally nuts, like 98% of the people they show at Trump rallies.

I will say this comment from a 20-year-old struck me.
    https://www.pennlive.com/elections/...-decide-the-2024-election.html?outputType=amp

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

How is this not one of the bigger stories -- if not the biggest one -- of the election right now? How is this not illegal, or certainly, outside the lines of a fair election, or without interference? Along with Trump, Elon Musk should be arrested. I am so tired of this Trump shit. Not to mention the fact that he still might very well win!

Is Musk's $1m-a-day cash giveaway to US voters legal?

Draft saved Draft deleted