1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Biden should declare an Orange Alert then.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Facts are stubborn things

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yes, it definitely "endured" under Trump.

But when did the worse-than Jan. 6 coup in Ukraine (when coups were good) and the ensuing annexation of Crimea, you know, actually happen?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Doesn't say much for Gen X males. But us Baby Boomers make up for it!

upload_2024-10-25_8-57-28.png

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

As we draw closer to Election Day , the brilliant words of Rod Serling (best television writer in history ) still ring true ….

“The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices ... to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill ... and suspicion can destroy ... and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own—for the children and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is ... that these things cannot be confined to The Twilight Zone.”

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

We’re back to justifying the Russian invasion because the US helped get rid of the pro Russian guys. If only we hadn’t done that and just let Russia walk in. Welp. Let’s pull military funding and tell Russia it’s cool.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Today's political thought comes from Bob Boyle, chairman of the Philadelphia Democratic Party. A reporter asked Boyle if he'd ever seen an election like this one.
    "They're all pretty much the same," Boyle answered. "They're all a pain in the ass."

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Here is the bone I’m mentally chewing on today:

The turnout questions: Why do Republicans/trumpets vote with little push. Why do Democratic Party voters struggle to show up?

Im trying to get inside the head of the person who is looking at this and thinking; “nah, I’m going to pass unless harris/the dems do…”

And I get it’s not always easy to get off work and spend time in line to vote. And i get that polling stations get moved and people have trouble getting to a new place.

I live in a state that will easily go for Trump. There are no signs up. No mailers. No organized agenda. It’s across the board. They know their tribe will show up.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How many times do these roundup stories have to bite media outlets in the ass with unfortunate picture choices before a course correction?

IMG_6257.jpeg

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

broad anger vs. hyperspecific ideals

also, old people vote

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sentence structure: Trump's making false claims about the World Series

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted