1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I’m not a “Stick to sports” person. So, even though I couldn’t disagree more with Bosa’s views, it would be hypocritical for me to say he shouldn’t share his opinion.

But here’s the thing: That interview was about his teammates, not him. Usually if you see a postgame interview like that get crashed, it’s by a giddy teammate or coach who wants to give a hug or a high five and will usually say something like, “LOVE THIS GUY!” In other words, it’s about joy and happiness for the player being saluted.

Instead, Nick Bosa made it about himself. Which basically fits in with the the core tenet of the MAGA movement, which contains narcissism and a sociopathic denial of any alternate perspectives.

Fuck ‘em all, including Nick Bosa.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry, but this is a case of terminally online people like Dowd overreacting to an article they didn't actually read and Newsweek pushing out clickbait garbage.

Here's the story in question:
    Nate Silver predicts path for Kamala Harris to "probably" win election

This is the nut graph:
    In a post on his Substack blog on Saturday, he wrote, "If Harris wins the three Blue Wall States, she probably (although not certainly) wins."

This isn't news. That's always been her firewall. Silver has written it countless times. So has every other poll analyst. Silver hasn't made a final projection because his model will run all the way up to election day.

garrow and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So I'm in the car this morning, listening to NPR's "Morning Edition". Steve Inskeep starts a report with "Some three thousand troops have been sent from North Carolina to Russia, to join the war with Ukraine as combat troops."

I knew he meant North Korea, but I laughed my ass off. He corrected his mistake at the end of the report, but the horse was out of the barn.

I Should Coco, garrow and maumann like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

None of the election modelers/forecasters are gonna come up with any result besides "it's a tossup" before Election Day. Now, that's almost surely because that's what the data tells them. But I can't help noticing that a forecast of :"it could go either way" also insures the modeler/forecaster can't be wrong.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I guess I was just thinking about emails. It's a matter of course for me to unsubscribe from them as soon as they arrive.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the day when I hear the word "Polls" ... and it's the latest news from Warsaw!

matt_garth and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My 35 year old Joe Rogan bro family member wasn’t going to vote this year. Then he watched the MSG extravaganza last night. He woke up, raced to the polls and voted straight Dem ticket. I suspect he’s not the only one who responded that way.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If that rally didn't hurt Trump then this country just isn't worth worrying about. It'd deserve to be fucked over.

garrow, Webster, UNCGrad and 6 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted