1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

best bars in america

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Jun 28, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, they already had the third American Pie movie.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And a fourth.

3. dooley_womack1

A fourth?

Anyhoo...
    --Brickskellar in D.C.
    --Marshall's in D.C. (long dead)
    --Coconuts in Cocoa Beach, Fla.
    --Blueberry Hill in St. Louis.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

American Pie
    American Pie 2
    American Wedding
    American Pie: Band Camp (straight to DVD ... only regs in it were Eugene Levy and the Shermanator. I think TBS is actually playing it sometime soon)

5. dooley_womack1

Wow, that hurts to even consider. Surely Eugene Levy's not that desperate for the scratch.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is that the Brickskeller in Georgetown? I was at that place back when I was in college. Cool place.
    Is the Khyber Pass still open in Philly?

7. dooley_womack1

Yep, that Brickskellar (more in the Dupont Circle neighborhood). Biggest selection of beer I have ever seen.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hell, I dont know if all of them are around any more, but...

Fraser's Pub, Ann Arbor
    Gluck's, Minneapolis
    Knollwood Tavern, Kalamazoo (deceased)
    Tootsie's, Nashville
    Rustic's, Grosse Pte. Park, MI
    Cambria Bar and Grill, Cambria, MN

9. JuneBug1

JuneBug1 Member

For a writer-type place, I've seen quite a few in the Park House in Pittsburgh. Also, the umpires who work the Pirates games are in there every night after they "work."

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I forgot the old Anchor Bar in downtown Detroit... a dive where John Lowe once walked in and asked for the wine list

11. Monkey

Monkey Member

I wish people would stop touting Tootsie's in Nashville. It's a tourist trap. Walk down a few doors to Robert's Western World and get the real thing.

Also, props to the random mention of Ocean Deck, Daytona Beach. Just the perfect setting for a bar ---- and great wings.

Others:

Fishmo's, St. Henry, Ohio -- if you love small towns, you'll love this bar; best popcorn on the planet

Safe House, Milwaukee -- gotta know the password to enter; if not, prepare to entertain the bouncer

Flannagan's, Dayton, Ohio

12. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Cricket's in Lubbock, Balcony Club in Dallas, Crown Pub in Fort Collins, the Buckhorn in Laramie, The Bayou in Salt Lake, A. Beuford Gifford's in Provo (laugh all you want, anyplace in Provo that allows drinking has got to be a no-bullshit drinkin' spot), Croce's in San Diego, Ri Ra in Portland (Maine), Faegan's in Syracuse, Timothy Sheehan's in Elmira, Old Town Ale House in Chicago, Red Lion in Lawrence...

Awful Al's, Farmer? That place wasn't around when I was there... [datingmyself/]

Draft saved Draft deleted