Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at SportsJournalists.com.

1. maumann replied to the thread RIP Jerry West.

My best friend Gary moved to Northern California from Burbank in 1972, so all he talked about during basketball season was Jerry West,...

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:15 PM
  2. Baron Scicluna replied to the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

The Christian Right: “We can discriminate against LGBTQ kids because of our religion.” Also the Christian Right: “How dare we get...

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:12 PM
  3. Inky_Wretch liked Neutral Corner's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

I saw a tweet yesterday bitching that an In and Out double cheeseburger combo costs like $11 now, and that the $20 minimum wage in Cali...

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:11 PM
  4. Liut replied to the thread A legend puts down the knife and fork.

Those are crap stories. If I were to believe some posts on the politics thread ... they are crap newspapers.

5. Inky_Wretch liked Justin_Rice's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

"Joe Biden's inflation is killing us!!!!!!" Also: "We need to create a labor shortage!!!!!!"

6. Baron Scicluna liked Mr._Graybeard's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

I think most of the immigrant panic is centered in rural areas. Why? Because that's where the factory farms and associated businesses...

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:10 PM
  7. maumann liked BTExpress's post in the thread RIP Jerry West.

"Mr. Clutch" is the most popular West nickname. Or at least was during his playing days when Chick Hearn started calling him that. The...

8. maumann liked DanOregon's post in the thread RIP Jerry West.

I don't know which is the cooler nickname "The Logo" or "Zeke from Cabin Creek." They are both all-timers. Great player. Wondered why...

9. maumann liked Michael_ Gee's post in the thread RIP Jerry West.

Old age isn't like the greatest, but I did get to see Jerry West play, and those who didn't will never really understand how great he...

10. maumann liked Small Town Guy's post in the thread RIP Jerry West.

A decade ago I’d been trying to get an interview with West for months, working through Golden State’s PR. Finally one morning my home...

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:09 PM
  11. Inky_Wretch replied to the thread A legend puts down the knife and fork.

Yes, only crap newspapers would include coverage of competitive eating. Good to know you'd never accept a lowly gig at the NYT, WaPo,...

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:08 PM
  12. maumann liked Noholesin1's post in the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

I can't think of a course with more difficult greens than Pinehurst No. 2. Last time I played there, I was paired with two women who...

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:08 PM
  13. Octave replied to the thread A legend puts down the knife and fork.

it ain't a sport if you can do it drunk.

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:06 PM
  14. BitterYoungMatador2 liked franticscribe's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

My father, who has never done a day of manual labor in his life, is really whipped up about the southern border thanks to Fox News....

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:05 PM
  15. Octave replied to the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

WaPo had 10 reporters on the Hunter Biden conviction.

16. Justin_Rice liked franticscribe's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

My father, who has never done a day of manual labor in his life, is really whipped up about the southern border thanks to Fox News....

17. Neutral Corner replied to the thread Running SCOTUS thread.

And it still won't be enough.

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:04 PM
  18. Woody Long replied to the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

It's like they went to an aeronautical engineer and said, "Need plane that looks like cross of 85-year-old Babushka and Sturgeon!" and...

Jun 12, 2024 at 12:01 PM
  19. Neutral Corner liked Small Town Guy's post in the thread RIP Jerry West.

A decade ago I’d been trying to get an interview with West for months, working through Golden State’s PR. Finally one morning my home...

Jun 12, 2024 at 11:59 AM
  20. Liut liked Driftwood's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

The Soviet navy was a joke. Their ships looked impressive with all the stuff, but that's because most systems had to be redundant. They...

Jun 12, 2024 at 11:58 AM
  21. Neutral Corner liked Mr._Graybeard's post in the thread RIP Jerry West.

When I think of West I remember that 60-foot desperation shot in the 1970 NBA finals. He and Havlicek epitomized clutch play at the time.

Jun 12, 2024 at 11:58 AM
  22. Neutral Corner liked HanSenSE's post in the thread RIP Jerry West.

[MEDIA] Deserves own thread.

Jun 12, 2024 at 11:57 AM
  23. Liut replied to the thread A legend puts down the knife and fork.

Nah. IIRC, though, Joie Chitwood participated in a few Indianapolis 500s.

24. Neutral Corner liked franticscribe's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

25. jr/shotglass replied to the thread A legend puts down the knife and fork.

You hate Joey Chestnut!

Jun 12, 2024 at 11:53 AM