Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at SportsJournalists.com.

1. dixiehack liked garrow's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

You can go to the fancy restaurant, but fast food is all you eat You can go on Truth Social, but you can't send a tweet You can dip your...

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:25 PM
  2. jr/shotglass replied to the thread A legend puts down the knife and fork.

I'm not saying it's a particularly healthy endeavor, but these guys don't just walk out there and down 75 hot dogs. They train, and they...

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:24 PM
  3. micropolitan guy replied to the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

He'll only need to stay upright for 36.

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:24 PM
  4. TheSportsPredictor replied to the thread A legend puts down the knife and fork.

And now it’s wide open: Joey Chestnut Banned from Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest Over Deal With Competitor

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:20 PM
  5. Inky_Wretch replied to the thread Running Nathan's Famous Hot-Dog Eating Contest thread.

BREAKING: Joey Chestnut has been banned from the 2024 hot dog eating contest for signing with Impossible - the meatless burger company.

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:19 PM
  6. da man replied to the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

I'm not sure Tiger can make it through 72 holes in an upright position.

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:19 PM
  7. Liut replied to the thread Sports Illustrated layoffs.

As a child, loved The Hockey News almost as much as Zander Hollander's Complete Handbooks ... and that's saying a lot.

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:16 PM
  8. jr/shotglass liked outofplace's post in the thread (Potentially running) thread: Help! My daughter is a tween and the Mean Girls Era has begun!.

Every age has its issues. My daughter is no longer a teenager. She actually turns 21 next month. Apparently, I am supposed to let her...

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:15 PM
  9. Liut liked Huggy's post in the thread Sports Illustrated layoffs.

I work in hockey and haven't looked at a print copy of The Hockey News in years.

10. jr/shotglass liked hondo's post in the thread (Potentially running) thread: Help! My daughter is a tween and the Mean Girls Era has begun!.

I think every generation, since the one that believed it was okay to beat your kids with a switch cut from an oak tree, has been...

11. BTExpress replied to the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

That's just nuts. Shades of 2007. And YOU qualify for a mortgage! And YOU qualify for a mortgage~ If you shield debt, it's still there....

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:13 PM
  12. Dog8Cats liked playthrough's post in the thread Running athletes busted for gambling thread.

Is that true? Surely most of those were parlays or some kind of exotic, going 10-221 on straight bets would be breathtakingly awful, if...

Jun 11, 2024 at 3:12 PM
  13. Deskgrunt50 liked playthrough's post in the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

I played in December and the caddie was awesome. Exactly as you said, had all the putting lines I'd have never imagined, and he refused...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:53 PM
  14. MisterCreosote liked Small Town Guy's post in the thread WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut.

I remember this line from Geno in a story several years ago. He might have been right about the 150 wins in a row. How Elena Delle...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:52 PM
  15. playthrough replied to the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

I played in December and the caddie was awesome. Exactly as you said, had all the putting lines I'd have never imagined, and he refused...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:47 PM
  16. Baron Scicluna liked Big Circus's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

I'm going to write him in. He's a martyr and a victim of a corrupt justice system!

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:39 PM
  17. Brooklyn Bridge replied to the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

This maybe bad news for you-know-who. CFPB’s research estimates that the new rule would allow 22,000 more people to get approved for...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:39 PM
  18. maumann liked Junkie's post in the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

I also played there, a bit longer ago. The caddies were ridiculous. Mine told me he makes over 100 grand looping 3 days a week and plays...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:34 PM
  19. maumann liked qtlaw's post in the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

Title is obviously just to get clicks because I don't think he's peaked. Having had the privilege to play No. 2 a little under two...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:34 PM
  20. Mr. X replied to the thread Sports Illustrated layoffs.

Where could he get a full-time job with the pay he should command? Maybe at this stage of his life he prefers to write books and not...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:33 PM
  21. Junkie replied to the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

I also played there, a bit longer ago. The caddies were ridiculous. Mine told me he makes over 100 grand looping 3 days a week and plays...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:31 PM
  22. Justin_Rice replied to the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

You new to politics? Tell me about Due Process, immigration, and deportation. Is "deport everyone!" realistic policy, assuming one...

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:30 PM
  23. playthrough replied to the thread Pinehurst No. 2 - US Open 2024 (Scheffler's Last Stand?).

Gonna be a steamer. I wonder if Cam Smith can summon his short-game magic here to win the B Flight behind Scottie.

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:28 PM
  24. bumpy mcgee replied to the thread MLB '24 Regular Season Thread.

Playing in front of the 'BFIBs,' doesn't mean as much as it used to, I guess.

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:24 PM
  25. jr/shotglass liked Baron Scicluna's post in the thread President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread.

Today’s verdict is the last straw for me. I no longer will be voting Hunter Biden for president.

Jun 11, 2024 at 2:23 PM