1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Pokey Chatman story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by grumpyeditor, Apr 5, 2007.

1. grumpyeditor

grumpyeditor New Member

First let me say that I am a regular here who took on a second handle a while back for occasional posts like this, so as not to out myself or any of my co-workers.
    In this case, I work with a guy who is a Louisiana native and still has family and friends there, at least one of whom is in some way connected with LSU. And here's the story he was told by his LSU friend.

The Pokey situation was basically a love triangle with Carla Berry the aggrieved lover. Apparently Berry and Pokey have had an on-going relationship but Pokey also has been having a relationship of sorts for about a year with one of her current players (not sure who).
    Berry got pissed. Pokey said she'd stop fooling around with the player. When she didn't, Berry ratted her out.
    And even the folks at LSU have no idea where Pokey is hiding out these days.

I don't know if this is all new info to some of you SEC people, but it was more than I had heard before so I'm just passing it on.

2. boots

boots New Member

Personally, I think it's Pokey's business. I just hope she's fine.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This thread will not end well.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If she's messing around with a current player, it's not just her business.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The tip of a very substantial iceberg, in terms of the niche, of course . . .

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Wait until I tell Rene Portland.

7. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

It's really too bad Candace Parker can't somehow be involved in this discussion.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow blow me away. I always thought that we would find that Bob Starkey was in the pile as part of the triangle. He seems like a wildman.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Since nobody chose to respond when I posted this on the Women's Final Four thread a few days ago, I will post it again.
    Damn, we tiptoe around this sort of thing, don't we.

Anyone know anything about this silver-haired woman in the forefront of this photo?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/photo?slug=c85aca7b11a4464ebf16fbe9289a52ac.final_four_rutgers_basketball_cda105&prov=ap

She was a trophy-presenter on the podium a minute ago when UT won the title.
    She is Judy Southard, the chair of the Women's Tourney selection group.
    She also is a senior AD at LSU.
    I am not certain, but I think she's a lesbian. (Wait. Stay with me on this)
    The link below shows an AP story about LSU coach Chatman's resignation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BKW_T25_LSU_CHATMAN?SITE=TNNAT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Any chance that, if Southard is gay, she might show extra considerations when dealing with lack of info disseminated about the circumstances of the resignation?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes there is. Also think certain columnists have shown same consideration to burying the story.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Will Glenn Close play Carla Barry in the movie?

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Wright Thompson mentioned the love triangle rumors in his story, and I, for one assumed a triangle must include Berry, otherwise why mention it?

Draft saved Draft deleted