1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Pokey Chatman story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by grumpyeditor, Apr 5, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Has anyone heard any rumors of gay men's coaches who are "partners" with one of their assistants?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just because it is an accepted practice doesn't mean it is appropriate. But that's just my opinion and I can see the argument otherwise on the coach thing. But you're dead on with the coaches/professors dating players/students.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Doesn't this very situation illustrate quite nicely why such relationships are out of bounds?

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, it doesn't matter if the coach is straight or gay. If he or she is screwing around with a player then that coach should be out on his/her ass immediately.

5. Buh...buh..buh..but it wasn't about sex!
    Won't someone think about the children?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What AQB said. This isn't a gay/straight issue. This is a case of a coach taking advantage of a player. Male or female, gay or straight, a coach who's dating/fucking a player deserves nothing more than to be fired.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You can say that but it still remains that there is a gay over tone to womens hoops.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

[blue]I'm actually more troubled by the number of left-handed women's basketball players. We all know that they're all the same.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but when Bobby puts his hands on a player the sports world goes crazy. When a coach goes down on a player it's a soap opera? When a professor has sex with a student, they're fired.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Sure, there is. It's unavoidable. It's an elephant in every corner of the room. But it's not a story unless it's a coach-player relationship or used for positive or negative recruiting.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pokey Chatman wasn't fired. She resigned. And then paid bonuses based on things that happened with the team after she resigned.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Do we know for a fact that she got the Final Four bonus?

Draft saved Draft deleted