1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant sports editor, Brunswick, ME

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jul 26, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Times Record, Midcoast Maine's Largest Daily Newspaper, is seeking to hire an Assistant Sports Editor. Candidates should have previous newspaper experience, a four year degree, strong writing, editing and photography skills. Experience with QuarkExpress or a comparable newspaper pagination software program is a plus. This full time position needs a hard-working individual who can work flexible hours in response to the demands of each sports season. We offer a competive salary and great benefits package. EOE. To apply, please send a cover letter, 3 to 5 samples of your work and a resume to: Liz Allen, Director of Human Resources, The Times Record, PO Box 10, Brunswick, ME 04011 or by email at lallen@timesrecord.com

2. mdpoppy

mdpoppy Member

Anyone know anything about this paper?

It's been a LONG time since I've been in Brunswick, but it's a pretty nice town. The Navy base is the big thing there ... Freeport (Outlet malls, Home of L.L. Bean) is about 15-20 min away and Portland is about half an hour. Boston's not too far out at 2 and a half.

Not sure what the paper would be covering other than high school, but my guess would be the small college that is there (Bowdoin) and possibly Portland's minor league team (AA affiliate of the Red Sox).

CHEAP (and great) lobster!

Draft saved Draft deleted