1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Assistant Sports Editor, The Salt Lake Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Michael_Anastasi, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Michael_Anastasi

Michael_Anastasi New Member

The Salt Lake Tribune is seeking an assistant sports editor. This member of the management team is primarily responsible for coverage of prep sports both digitally (www.TribPreps.com) and in print (main and regional editions), but also will play a key role in the management of all that The Tribune does and can expect to have significant responsibility outside of preps. The successful applicant understands and has a demonstrated history of multi-platform sports journalism — breaking news online, planning and executing digital coverage, and successfully integrating multiple social networking tools as a normal part of the daily routine while understanding where traditional print fits in the mix. As Utah’s leading news source, The Tribune expects to set the agenda on all of its beats and places a premium on enterprise and investigative reporting. The Tribune is a consistent APSE Top 10 section, including a Triple Crown most recently, and the successful applicant will have the resources and support to achieve at the highest level. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and appropriate portfolio to Michael Anastasi, Managing Editor, The Salt Lake Tribune, 90 South 400 West Suite 700, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101. For questions, write manastasi@sltrib.com.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Great gig with a good guy to work for in in Mike Anastasi.

3. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Ummmmmm - http://jimromenesko.com/2012/07/09/salt-lake-tribune-managing-editor-named-los-angeles-newspaper-group-executive-editor/

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Apologies if I missed it somewhere, but are there going to be two openings in Salt Lake, or is this open because somebody is being promoted to replace Michael?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

MileHigh has it posted in journalism topics, but, yeah, you have to ask ...

6. Michael_Anastasi

This position is open and is independent of my status. It replaces former ASE Danyelle White, who has left the business. I remain in Salt Lake through the end of the month and am still the hiring editor. Please feel free to email me at manastasi@sltrib.com if you have questions. I think this is a pretty good job and has lots of potential -- really, how ambitious and successful you are is going to be up to you.

7. Michael_Anastasi

Congratulations to Kevin Winters Morriss, who begins on Aug. 30.

Thank you to those who took their valuable time to express interest.

8. Todd M. Adams

Todd M. Adams Member

Great hire. Kevin has been due for a jump for a long time. He's going to do awesome in Salt Lake.

Draft saved Draft deleted