1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best regional restaurant chains

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Spinning off the defunct chain thread, let's talk about the best places you can only find in certain parts of North America.

I know we'll get the obvious ones like Whataburger, so I'll start with Tudor's Biscuit World in West Virginia. Awesome breakfast sandwiches.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I just started another thread off the chain thread and mentioned Zaxby's. Mmmmm..., but Chick still leads. The Tallahassee area also has Lindy's fried chicken, which is also yummy, and has managed to co-exist right next door to a CFA.

And yes, Whataburger. My parents' 50th anniversary, I sent my mom to Yankee Fantasy camp and gave my father a $50 Whataburger gift card. Perfect gifts for both.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Po Folks chicken is some of the best I've ever had. They were all over Atlanta when I was growing up but now I believe they're only around Northwest Florida and maybe Alabama.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Pretty much central Pennsyltucky only, but we have an off-the-hook burrito chain called Neato Burrito.

You haven't lived until you've had a hummus burrito with jalapeno-and-feta salsa.

Also home of one of the finest strombolis I'll ever encounter: Your Place.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

How far has Raising Cane's spread? That's some good-ass chicken.

StaggerLee likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yep. It's all over Texas. Been to 'em in La. and Miss., too.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Cane's is decent, and we have two or three other good ones for tenders in the area.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes!

Also, one of the few places that actually makes a stromboli, instead of making a calzone and calling it a stromboli.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Kansas City is experiencing a chicken boom of regional chains. Entering the market in the past year or so:
    • Raising Cane's (great)
    • Zaxby's (good)
    • Slim Chickens (my favorite)
    • Gus's Fried Chicken (different)

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Mentioned on the other thread: Firehouse is hardly regional anymore, far outstripping its Jacksonville roots, so I'll drop that one. But Larry's Giant Subs of Jacksonville is very good, too, and has locations in North Florida, Geogia, South Carolina and Austin, Texas(?).

12. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

Burgerville in the PNW. But it's getting a little spendy!

murphyc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted