1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Hockey Writer Wanted (Paid)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by HERO Sports, Sep 21, 2016.

1. HERO Sports

HERO Sports New Member

DESCRIPTION

If you’re an experienced and passionate writer with an eye for stories and news in the world of men’s and women’s college hockey, HERO Sports is looking for you. Your work could be featured front and center at HEROSports.com, as well as by content partners such as MSN Sports, Athlon, Sports Illustrated and Rant Sports.

QUALIFICATIONS

The ideal candidate is one who:
    • Knows how to find and develop stories
    • Is passionate about college hockey
    • Can operate autonomously and always hit deadlines
    • Has experience writing for digital Audience on CMS platform such as Wordpress
    • Relishes Relationship-Building with Sports Information Directors, coaches and players
    TO APPLY

Please apply for this job by sending a short email with your resume and at least three samples of your work to editor@herosports.com We look forward to hearing from you!

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Good thing it's paid. Otherwise you would've had to post it on the "freelance for free wanted" board.

3. BrianFMcLaughlin

BrianFMcLaughlin New Member

All funny stuff aside in the post immediately above ... HERO Sports has been a wonderful experience for me for nearly 18 months. This crew is professional, the product gets better every single day and we're starting to partner with entities that prove we're moving in a very strong direction. It is a great business model with backing. I have had a blast working with HERO Sports.

If you're a writer/reporter and you dig college hockey, I'd advise you to give this a shot.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

What is the pay like? Granted, I know you won't get rich, but is it worth the investment?

Draft saved Draft deleted