1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College sports writer - Today's U

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Tdell8, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Tdell8

Tdell8 New Member

Today’s U is quickly becoming a desirable destination for both free agent writers and scribes that are simply looking to get paid for their work. If you’ve got experience and a desire to help make this industry a better place, we want to hear from you.

We are looking to add writers who are self-motivated, able to generate story ideas and have the ability to write feature stories more than 500 words in length (preferably 600-plus). The ability to write quality stories (situational feature or column) without quotes is also needed (please include at least one example in your samples). We are not looking for game previews or recaps at this time.

If interested, e-mail tyler@fanragsports.com and include four (4) of your most recent writing clips.

Paid Writing Jobs - Today's U Gig Board - Today's "U"

2. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

So are you guys going to not bother to reply to inquires like the other guy that posted here about your family of websites, fanragsports.

3. Tdell8

Tdell8 New Member

Plan on reaching out to everyone in the next few days, if I haven't already. Had a lot of applicants. Thanks.

4. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

Ok I will wait with open mind and empty wallet

5. Long Snapper

Long Snapper New Member

I think there's a rule of thumb that pay must be in the double digits for freelance work. Wonder if that's the case here

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, 87 cents is double digits.

Long Snapper likes this.
  7. Tdell8

Tdell8 New Member

Yes. It's in the double-digits.

8. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

So, how far behind on submissions are you. I emailed it the first of the month?

9. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

If my stuff isn't what you are looking for at least send me a rejection form email.

10. Tdell8

Tdell8 New Member

Just looked through my e-mails and have nothing of the sort from the 1st. Are you sure you sent it to the address above?

11. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

I just checked my email. I sent it to stokke@fanrag.com on 7-28. I included a resume and three stories from my last newspaper.

12. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

And I just sent it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted