1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick's "big announcement"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDub, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I like his radio show... It's hardly ground-breaking or on the level of TK's old ESPN show, but he gets good guests and is better than just about every other sports show out there... Rome is probably consistently better, but there aren't many...

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At one point, KO said something about the announcement affecting Patrick's life but not his nor the listeners' lives. That makes me think the change won't affect The Big Show hour of DP's radio program.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

He would not be good at it. TPIR is average-joe land and he's too attached to being "Dan Patrick" and on a first-name basis with a ton of athletes and beautiful people. He wouldn't give a flying crap about Ethel from Iowa playing Plinko.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fixed [/bitter Iowan]

5. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I assuming it's something lame along these lines: "I'm throwing out the ceremonial first pitch at the all-star game."
    "I am the new manager of the Reds."....you know, things no one cares about.

I doubt he's the new TPIR host. Seriously as much ado as been made about this, do you think CBS would allow him to make that announcement on his show? Heck, CBS is probably planning a 2-hour reality-tv type primetime special on the naming on new host. If there's a way to make it reality TV, TV execs will get it done.
    I'd explain further, but it's time to watch the crab catching show.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Maybe he'll do us all a favor and announce his retirement and never be heard from again
    He has become a bigger pompous ass then Berman.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe he's taking Bud Collins' job.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm going along the lines of spnited's op/ed: if he calls it a radio career, I can live with that. If Olbermann does another hour, it's listenable.

I'll go on a limb: he could be heading back to SC.

Whatever happened to Phil the Show Killer? He was the only guy that was worth hearing about on DP's show.

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Rob Dibble's back?

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The return of The Big Show would be excellent. Shame KO and ESPN are worse than gasoline fumes and fire ...

But dreaming about the way it used to be isn't always bad ... is it?

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

That's my hope....Maybe the announcement also includes that KO is retiring, too, meaning the two of them will leave us all alone. We can only hope.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Unpossible. He is the standard all others are measured against.

Draft saved Draft deleted