1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End of the Boo-yah Era at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by thebiglead, Sep 11, 2006.

1. sheos

sheos Member

How is a trio of Patrick, Wilbon and Mark Jackson anything like the TNT hoops crew?
    I actually thought the canned ESPN guys were more insightful than TNT, but with much less chemistry.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Good Lord yes. It was like watching the security camera from a junior high bus route.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

TJ did ask Irvin if he was retarded.

Then he ripped Irvin up one side and down the other.

Then Berman started in, so Irvin started his perpetual blubbering. Berman stayed calm and replied, "Whenever you're done" or something like that. Classic.

Then Ditka started ripping Irvin. It was some good stuff.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I still don't understand the people who say there's screaming on ATH. They hardly ever scream. Now, have you ever watched PTI? Jeezum crow, all they do is yell and interrupt each other. I know that's the premise, but it's so annoying.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

aside from the screamers, berman is one of the biggest reasons the "normal guy" hates espn.

6. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Don't care. I haven't watched SportsCenter is God knows how long. Or any other non-game programming on ESPN.

Gimme ESPNNews 24/7, thank you. Reminds me of SportsCenter used to be (when it was good).

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Will Saunders go over to NBC and host an NHL studio show?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Stuey had it on the down low that the dude had an Arby Melt with extra horsey sauce.

9. Beat me to it. I don't think I've sat through five minutes of sports center in the past five years. ESPN Newsis just flat-out a better product. No personalities needed through gimmics. Michael Kim delivers the news very traditionaly, and just as many people in the sports world know him than they do stewey. It can be done without gimmics.

10. (The results will probably be catastrophic. His core readers - his family and parolees - liked his ghetto shtick and will probably turn away from his watered down product. And he turned off so many readers with his initial racist offerings ...)

HIS racist offerings?
    You don't need the Enigma machine to translate your swill, either, dude.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Are you retarded?

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Well, is he?

Never mind. I know the answer to that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted