1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Baseball 2012 Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm having some luck streaming starters, although I've gotten to the point where I'm happy enough with who I've collected that I may slow down on that. Right now, I have Kershaw-Hellickson-MMoore-Dempster-LLynn-Henderson Alvarez-Lilly. (No innings limit.)

Having trouble getting power numbers out of my position guys, though. Votto and Holliday aren't slugging like they should, and I have Berkman, Werth and Ruben Tejada all on the DL.

20-20 through four weeks.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm in first, but I lost last week for the first time and I'm losing again this week.

I have four position players (Berkman, Brett Gardner, Ryan Howard and Cespedes) on the DL, and the guys who are playing all seem to be slumping simultaneously.

My team lacks power, but it's been very balanced and, until last week, I was winning most of the categories besides home runs.

My pitching has been outstanding, but Javy Guerra losing his closer role has hurt my relief corps.

I may drop into second place this week. I have so many starters who are pitching well, I'm considering trying to flip one for a power outfield bat.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You guys have awfully forgiving DLs, I'm jealous.

In one of my leagues there was a Harper for Pujols straight up trade (limited keepers). I understand, but I think I need to vote against that, no?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I actually have no problem with it in a keeper league. I would advice against it, but I don't think you veto that trade.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't veto it. It's that kind of trade that makes fantasy intriguing. I'm living through Mr. Harper's growing pains right now myself.

Thing about my type of league (25-man roster, 12 teams) is that there just isn't too much available on the waiver wire. If a guy has any promise, somebody has him. And when you get to closers, there's nobody available with more than 2 saves. That's why I started streaming starters, because that was the one place where I could make a difference week-to-week.

Draft saved Draft deleted