1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelancers Wanted For Volleyball Magazine

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by vbwbmag, Jul 16, 2008.

1. vbwbmag

vbwbmag New Member

Volleyball Magazine, in its third decade of publication, is looking for experienced freelance writers. Publication comes out 12 times a year. Looking for writers who submit clean copy, meet deadlines and have the capability of presenting insightful, well-researched pieces. Typical stories are either 500 or 800/1,000 words in length. Pay is $100 per story. Have immediate openings. Please e-mail resume and writing clips to mmiazga@madavor.com for consideration.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A little unsolicited testimonial: I've done quite a bit of work for Mike in the past, and he's golden. Great guy, very helpful and if you do a good job, he'll keep feeding you assignments pretty much whenever you want them. And most important in the freelance world, you get your checks promptly, and they all clear the bank (at least, mine always did). Just wish he could pay more, but that's out of his hands.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Finally something legit.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'll be on it. I'm not far down 95, and am still playing the game approaching my dotage (even though my shoulder hurts to the point that I had to serve up the old Sinjin Smith skyball in my men's 4-on-4 league last night, or 4-on-3 as it turned out - wasn't even the oldest guy in the 3. We dropped three, but two were 26-24s).

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I dealt with Mike when he was in another capacity, but I'll second that he's a good guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted