1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Home of the Whopper" boxer shorts may become a reality

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WazzuGrad00, Jun 16, 2006.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/adweek/20060616/ad_bpiaw/bklifestylegoodsaimforyoungmales

From the article:

"We're putting together a lifestyle program as a way to quickly reach consumers," said Carole Francesca, president of Broad Street Licensing Group, Montclair, N.J., which won the account at the end of April. "We're especially looking to reach Burger King super fans, males ages 18-34. Men who fit right in with Burger King's communications, like 'I am man. Hear me roar.'"

The first deal on the table, which is in the final stages of being inked, is with a major apparel company. As early as this fall there may be T-shirts, pajamas, boxers, footwear, hats and junior fashion tops for women that feature the creepy King character, the Whopper and various BK taglines.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hate the way these people talk. Blecch.

3. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I don't think I'd want to meet a Burger King "Super Fan."

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If you have boxer shorts with the King on the front, you ain't getting laid. A hooker would refund your money.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

What a waste. If you want boxers decorated courtesy of Burger King, just eat there.

On a related note: Soon from Taco Bell, Manmuus -- the muumuu for men who eat "fourth meal" every night.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Spoken by a man with experience.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, a fourth meal -- great marketing.

They'd be better off calling it an early breakfast.

8. dooley_womack1

Why do you think "Uma" blushes at the Burger King ads?

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

Fun fact of the day: In Australia, Burger King is called "Hungry Jacks."

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

That's not blushing. it's her throwing up in her mouth from the memory of you showing up at our doorstep unannounced wearing those boxers and shouting "Who's your Big Bucking Chicken, baby!?!"

11. dooley_womack1

Well, she had dared me.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Tell the truth, you're the arsehole that stole my bike, aren't you? :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted