1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IndyStar - HS sports reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Matthew Glenesk, Aug 15, 2024.

1. Matthew Glenesk

Matthew Glenesk New Member

IndyStar, part of the Gannett Inc. and the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a reporter to help cover a key beat in Indiana: high school sports. This reporter would team up with two other preps reporters to help meet the demand for great high school sports coverage across Indiana. We are looking for someone who can produce high-value storytelling, including enterprise stories that provide context and analysis, entertaining features and investigative pieces. The ability to break news is critical, and this reporter must be able to develop strong sourcing. This reporter will develop content that takes advantage of all delivery forms available to us, including social media, mobile, podcast, desktop, video, television and print. IndyStar is looking to fill this position quickly. Email matthew.glenesk@indystar.com for more info.

APPLY LINK: Job Details | Dayforce Jobs

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I stole a flag design from the Indy Star for my weekly in the 1990s back when I designed pages.

Other than that, I am steeped in #TXHSFB coverage but can only imagine what it's like 2 nights a week of #INHSBKB as opposed to only one. Not to mention all the pre-district tournaments.

Draft saved Draft deleted