1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Cowley is an idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigapplewriter, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

After listening to the M&MD interview, didn't he have Ortiz higher than Jeter on his ballot? I think the ballot mentioned in this thread was a guess.

2. I loved his dad on Newhart

[​IMG]

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

CLASSIC!!!!! ;D

4. Here's the thing ... you guys can call me a fan boy all you want. I guess you missed the part where I said that Morneau was the right guy to win the award.

I have no allegiance to the Yankees, and I don't know Jeter. I thought he was a legitimate candidate, but I would have voted for Morneau. My problem with this moron was not that Jeter didn't win, but that he apparently didn't do any research or homework before voting.

In the WFAN interview, he kept saying that A-Rod was the hitter opponents feared on the Yankees, not Jeter. Then why did opponents keep intentionally walking the guy in front of A-Rod to pitch to him? He also said that Ortiz was much more clutch than Jeter, even though Jeter hit 100 points higher with RISP.

This clown also had AJ Pierzynski on his ballot, but not Joe Mauer. Give me a freakin' break.

He just did a bad job. He's an idiot. He should never be allowed to vote again.

5. The Pierzynski-Mauer thing is pretty indefensible.

I don't think everyone has to vote in lockstep, but this seems very much like a "Look at me!" ballot.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anytime I see your picture I think it is one of my posts b/c I used to have that same pic.

Anyway, if Joe Cowley should be removed from voting, so should everyone who voted for Morneau over Mauer or who left Mauer off their ballot, because Mauer is clearly more important and more valuable to the Twins than Morneau.

Hell, Torii Hunter is more valuable and important to the Twins than Morneau.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, no, Torii Hunter was not as valuable to the Twins this year as Morneau. I can see the argument for Mauer or Santana, but Morneau was the key to their offense.

8. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

some guys don't vote for pitchers for MVP. are they idiots?

if you give more weight to the most Valuable player, opposed to the most Outstanding player, and put four or five players ahead of the $200 million-Yankees' top player, are you an idiot.

i say no in both instances. we can' even agree whether pitchers or dh's should be eligible, let alone how to measure "value" vs. "production."

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Torii Hunter hit 3 less HRs than Morneau, drove in 32 less runs, scored 7 less, stole 9 more bases, and won a Gold Glove while playing centerfield.

The team would fare much worse minus Hunter than it would minus Morneau. Proven last year when Hunter played 98 games and Minnesota did not finish first for the only time from 2002-2006.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

five

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I think that being surrounded by $180 million in teammates hurts your "value".

Period.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Pujols was jobbed more... by the fucking East coast bias.

So... shut the fuck up.

Oh... and Happy Thanksgiving.

Draft saved Draft deleted