1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lexi Thompson's delayed penalty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 2, 2017.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. Vombatus

I hope God plays golf and sends some of these people to hell.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My God. The USGA needs to put a stop to this. This is bullshit on so many levels.

Ace likes this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This isn't (mostly) the USGA.

Still, what a freakin' debacle. You can't allow this. And the new rules would do away with this, which started with the Craig Stadler towel incident at the Andy Williams Open.

Lexi handled this incredibly well. Tirico and the Golf Channel said things were handled properly. No. No they weren't. We're 12 holes into the final round, nearly 24 hours after this happened. And you're dropping this on her. Her composure was 1,000 times better than I would have handled it.

And we go back to the Tiger debacle a few years ago on 15 at Augusta when he, under the same rules, would have been DQ'd.

This is a clown show.

Chef2 likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Had started to comment on the Masters thread. But yeah, this is complete, and total bullshit.

Let the course officials do it. And the players police themselves. Total embarrassment.

A ruling on Sunday from an email from a viewer at home about something that happened on Saturday? Total joke.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Absolutely ridiculous.

Isn't there a rules official walking with each group, especially the leaders at a major tournament? It should be their call ... just as in other recent "call in" or replay decisions that came after the fact.

One day (and more than one round) later? What a joke.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In what world can someone think this is okay?

9. poindexter

The three dum_dums on the Uconn broadcast thought a flagrant 1 was the right call, too.

10. Vombatus

State College?

11. poindexter

It was a 1 foot putt.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can think of a poster here who shall not be named as to not attract his attention ( and I'm not talking about Dick or one of his alter egos ... as far as I know ... God I hope the guy I'm thinking of isn't one of Dick's alternative personas)

Draft saved Draft deleted