1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LSU frat members arrested for hazing death

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 11, 2017.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The pledge who died had a BAC of .495. The Louisiana legal limit is .02 if you are under 21, and .08 if you are over. The mind boggles. Did they force him to butt-chug Everclear? How do you get that much alcohol into someone?

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Harvey Weinstein probably has a few ideas ...

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have no idea how that is even possible.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That frat has got to go from LSU. If the national doesn't revoke the charter, the university has to have some recourse, right?

6. Dick Whitman

Yeah, they're done.

7. I can't see how fraternities are still in existence, esp. national fraternities.
    I say that as a member of a national fraternity.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Me too. I have no real interest in interacting with anyone from my fraternity outside of the some of the guys I went to school with. Though I was already wavering by my senior year as it was. Wasn't very engaged.

9. Dick Whitman

But who else would you interact with?

That's your fraternity.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Um, people who were members of my chapter well before and well after I went to school. They're in my fraternity too.

11. Dick Whitman

Gotcha. There are some guys who really interact with the active chapter, which I guess is great. I've been back a few times, especially in my immediate post-graduate days. But, yeah, to me my fraternity was the guys I was there with. Also known as my friends.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Right, exactly. Though it turns out one of the guys I hang out with here was in my frat, different chapter. Never would have realized it until I noticed he had the letters tattooed on his leg.

Draft saved Draft deleted