1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters Media Credentials

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sports junkie, Feb 1, 2011.

1. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

A photo is a must. When I went back to covering the Masters after a few years of not doing it, they said they still had my old one on file. But they would appreciate a new one, if I had it.
    Try the pimento cheese with a nice cold Michelob to wash it all down, all gratis. And don't forget to go where the masses can't — like the small gift shop (stood next to Angel Cabrera and his caddy there the day before he won it) and the dining room in the clubhouse.
    Still waiting for my boss to give me a pass to use his cabins on the ground. Ain't happening.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Secret handshake, man (and the one on youtube is not correct).

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The original poster has to be a sock puppet trying to get a rise out of people.

4. You'll see it better on TV; cover it that way! ;)

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just show up on Thursday wearing a green jacket and you'll pretty much have the run of the place.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Isn't that what most golf writers do? Sit in the press tent and watch on TV?

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

For most of the tournament.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Mainly because Augusta is the only tournament to not issue inside-the-ropes credentials to any media except the rights-holders. Tough to battle those galleries for a decent view. The only edge they give the media are the viewing stands between 9 and 18, and behind 12 tee.

Draft saved Draft deleted