1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Moment of Truth" on Fox

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jan 23, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, I still haven't seen that one but I remember the commercials and I was glad I Tivoed it. This is the one with the peroxide blonde who said she would leave her husband for her ex-boyfriend, right?

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I just saw the clips of the cheating/stealing wife on youtube and I'm not wading through this whole thread, but I have a question: How do they know if the person is lying or not? They don't seem to be hooked to a lie detector. This looked fake to me.

3. imjustagirl

They do the lie detector before the show, ask them like 60 questions, and then they don't know which ones will be asked once they go on camera. The contestants can change their answers once it's on broadcast, because they already have the results. So if she said 'no' and it showed as a lie, she could say yes on TV and be fine.

4. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

They're hooked up to the lie detector prior to the show. They ask 50 questions to the contestant, and pick the 20 that will cause the most embarassment.
    Monday's show was such a trainwreck. It was phenomenal. First time I've ever watched it, and now may watch every week.

EDIT: Damn, IJAG. Although I don't think they have the results. If that was the case, how would anyone ever get anything wrong?

5. imjustagirl

The CONTESTANTS don't have the results. But the test-givers sure do. So if someone said "No" backstage, and it was proven to be false...if the person then said "yes" on camera, they would have to do the "That answer is true" thing.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

It's beyond me how she didn't leave the joint in a straightjacket or how her husband didn't turn violent or yell or anything.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This show makes your average Springer ep look like Masterpiece Theater.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I enjoy watching people squirm out of greed as much as the next person, but the way this show asks subjective questions when the stakes get higher really annoys me. Nobody is going to win all the money.
    Enjoyed the newspapers quote from her: I heard a big Zonk buzzer in my head.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I loathe myself for not being able to change the channel right now.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

He buzzes her out on whether she's ashamed to be a Jew but is OK with all the questions belittling him? Jesus ...

11. imjustagirl

Don't loathe yourself, Flash...enjoy the lengths people are willing to go to, ruining every relationship they have, for cash they'll blow through in less than a year.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Stellar ... it looks like tonight's 'cast' is straight out of the trailer park.

She has even been physically violent with a boyfriend before.

Draft saved Draft deleted