1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’ve spent a lot of the past week working with companies on the legalities/logistics of their response. I really wonder if this is going to lead to a permanent adjustment of certain white color jobs moving away from the large corporate office environment. Not every job can be done remotely, but companies are really concerned of the risk that a significant portion of their workforce will be incapacitated

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Lots of chatter here in LA that today's State of Emergency announcement for California and a separate one for LA County will lead to the banning of fans in attendance at sporting events in the upcoming weeks.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Chargers got way out ahead of that.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m sort of expecting schools to add a week to their spring breaks in the next few weeks.

I called my mom to be sure she has Amazon or Wal Mart home food delivery set up.

On a side note, a lot of grandparents are raising their grandkids because the opioid disgrace took their parents. Now this shit might wipe that generation out. Shit sandwiches all around.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

MLB is not going to be pleased by attendance numbers to open the season.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

First case in North Jersey. And, found it costs $2300 for a test.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Of course California is the first state to overreact.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's almost he wants more people to get sick.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a true thing. I worked at a family practice with two doctors and two pediatricians. I saw so many grandparents, from barely old enough to be grandparents to people in their late seventies who were raising the kids that their children left behind when they fell in a hole with opioids or meth. People who had earned the right to kinda rest are raising little kids, and my heart goes out to everyone involved.

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted