1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New rules and how they relate to the Jobs board

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lucas Wiseman, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

After some feedback from users, I feel some clarification is necessary in regards to our rules and guidelines for this site, which can be found here http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42952/

The Jobs board is designed to be for SERIOUS AND PROFESSIONAL discussion of job openings. Without exception, threads are to remain on topic. If you wish to post something that is not on topic and does not relate to the specific job posting, please take it to the appropriate board elsewhere on the site.

As we progress with following these new rules, I encourage you to consider the following when you are posting new threads or responding to current threads:

1. Am I contributing to the discussion?
    2. Is the subject line clear enough? For example, a subject for a job opening should be similar to this: Sportswriter, Daily Bean Bag, Atlanta
    3. Have I checked or searched to make sure the thread I am starting has not already been started by another user?

I think everyone gets the idea...

I hope this offers a little clarity to things.

If you have specific questions, you may ask them on this thread and I will try to answer them.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Is it kosher to post an opening or link to one without comment on this board? I think a lot of us post jobs that we see, but we really know nothing about here.

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Good question. Posting jobs without comment is acceptable on the jobs board, though commenting is encouraged. You may post full job postings, but please also try to include the link to the source when doing so.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

What about posting internships for any college students that may be on here?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

We've had several internships posted here, and a quick search even shows an intern thread that was started somewhere else that Moddy moved to the Jobs board.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Feel free to start a new thread, we'll put all internships in there so as not to be too confusing with the FT jobs.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

New add to the Jobs Rules thread: writing opportunities without compensation are not welcome on the jobs boards (including freelance). If you have a blog or whatever and are looking for content, you'll have to look elsewhere. PM me if you have questions.

RonClements and OakAsSocksGrl like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.