1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part-time sports reporter (Concord, North Carolina)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by C. Jemal Horton, Mar 20, 2015.

1. C. Jemal Horton

C. Jemal Horton New Member

Kind folks,

I’m the sports editor of the Independent Tribune in Concord, North Carolina. We are looking for a part-time sports reporter. We seek someone who is available to work 28 hours per week to cover games, write features and occasional columns, and also assist with our multimedia efforts.

Basically, the position requires doing the things most full-time sports reporters are doing these days. You just wouldn’t be able to work as many hours.

We publish three days per week (Wednesday, Friday and Sunday), but we try to function online as a daily would.

Since I joined the paper in December, we have put a greater emphasis on high schools. But as you might imagine, we cover the heck out of Charlotte Motor Speedway and motorsports in general. We also cover minor league baseball (the Class A Kannapolis Intimidators).

Since this is a part-time gig, we’re either looking for someone who lives in the immediate area or someone who already was planning to relocate.

This person will work directly with me, so anyone interested can shoot me an e-mail at jhorton@independenttribune.com

Draft saved Draft deleted