1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jackson covers them. It's about 50 miles away. All of their TV weather people do a good job, too. They were right on top of this thing.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The local United Way chapter is organizing some aid efforts, if anyone cares to donate. Here is the link for it.

Azrael likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Thanks, my friend.

I started a thread as well.

Batman likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

One of the things I've noticed about local TV coverage is as long as it's west of market, they stay on top of things. Once everything blows east, the bullet gets dodged so meteorologists tend to stand down.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the market. Growing up the Nashville stations never bothered with much more than a warning crawl, and didn’t even leave it up throughout the warning time. Moved to the Birmingham market for college and wall-to-wall coverage was the standard. Was in the Atlanta market a generation ago and they’d go to live coverage if it was Fulton County or any of the bordering counties, but those of us out in the hinterlands (i.e. Rome) were on our own.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I was in St. Louis once when a low-level tornado path was moving eastward from Kansas.
    When the tornado got to Kansas City, they started blowing tornado sirens all the way over in St. Louis.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

NWS calling it an F4 in Rolling Fork.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Danger zone shifts a little south today. Level 4 threat out of five from roughly Alexandria, La., east to Montgomery.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We’re about 50 miles west of Alexandria, but it looks like it’s going north of us.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Looks like it will run right over Tuscaloosa and then hit Birmingham around 9 or 10 tonight.

Lovely.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A storm producing 2-inch hail is passing over the Jackson area right now.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We saw the pictures from Friday in Mississippi. This was Sunday evening:

Draft saved Draft deleted