1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Let me know when the Trump stories come close to matching the Biden ones in dominating multiple news cycles.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I was at risk of watching enough of "The View" I feared I would have to turn in my man card.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It is true. The outrage of non-MAGA types seems to be the entire point of the exercise.

three_bags_full likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not a town hall Trump is doing. It's a forum at the Chicago Economics Club (business big shot organization) moderated by editor in chief of Bloomberg. It's an old school Republican audience more than a MAGA one.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. My bad.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Biden's mental unfitness only got publicity because it scared voters, which in turn (rightly) scared Democrats. When party leaders are calling on the incumbent to quit the race, yeah, it makes for news stories. They were virtually tied nationally before the debate (which in reality meant Biden was behind by 2.5% in states not named California). Three weeks after the debate Biden was trailing by more than 3% (5.5% in states not named California). So yeah, something had to be done.

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 1.38.14 PM.png

For whatever reason, Trump's mental unfitness does not scare his locked-in 47%. Thus, it does not scare GOP leaders.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2024 at 1:47 PM
  7. HanSenSE

Trump cancels Friday interview on CNBC.'

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pop Pop's tired.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Moderator: Did you speak with Putin after you left office?
    Trump: I'm not going to comment on that, but if I did it's a good thing.

Trump has also said the Wall Street Journal never gets anything right and that the moderator has been wrong his entire life because he thinks across the board tariffs are a bad thing economically.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

Another Trump plan shot to hell.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I would just like to see the New York Times deal in reality.

Draft saved Draft deleted