1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins get No. 2 pick.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 9, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Good point. He could also be like Warren Moon, Michael Vick, Joe Gilliam, JaMarcus Russell, Donovan McNabb, David Garrard, Steve McNair, Kordell Stewart, Andre Ware, Charlie Batch or Daunte Culpepper. Those are about the only comparables, though.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's what it sounds like when you're unwilling to admit you were dead wrong! :)

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

James Harris, Doug Williams and Marlin Briscoe weep.

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

So does Rodney Peete.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ben Rothlisberger

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Yeah, but how long has he been a black quarterback?

7. And Randall Cunningham.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Jason Campbell, Shaun King, Jeff Blake, Tony Rice and Aaron Brooks wanna know why they were left out.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Tony Rice was left out because he never played in the NFL. Might as well have included Jamelle Holieway and Major Harris. ;)

10. I know this goes against the "spirit" of the comparisons being made here but Griffin reminds me of Steve Young most. I think he's the real deal. Very accurate, especially on the deep ball.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What? Griffin's not left-handed!

12. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

You can't really compare Griffin to anyone because he is so unique.

The Redskins are getting a world class sprinter who happens to be an excellent quarterback. It's going to be hard to stop Griffin on play-action roll outs in the Shanahan offense.

The Redskins will sign one of the top-flight receivers. They will overpay. They really want Vincent Jackson, and I imagine they will get him unless he's willing to play for another team for less money.

Several guards are available in free agency. Skins will probably sign at least one.

I thought the Redskins could have won three or four additional games this year if it weren't for injuries, a horrendous lack of depth (won't be helped by giving up so many draft picks for RGIII) and pathetic quarterback play.

Draft saved Draft deleted