1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporter/Paginator with Daily Item in Sunbury, Penn.,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Nov 30, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Salary: $25,000 to $30,000

Description:
    Want to be part a veteran sports staff, covering everything from college football to Little League, along with some of the best high school football in the country? If so, The Daily Item, a 25,000 circulation daily in central Pennsylvania would like to hear from you. The Daily Item is a successful community newspaper and online news organization with a team of energetic reporters. Good benefit package. Email cover letter, resume and writing samples before Dec. 10 to Bill Bowman, sports editor at bbowman@dailyitem.com or mail to The Daily Item, 200 Market St., Sunbury, PA 17801. No phone calls.

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1216502

2. Bill Bowman is really good people and a lifer in the area. I know they do some Penn State football stuff, but very little. Bucknell University is right in their back yard. It's not a real lively area, but you're not far at all from Williamsport, Wilkes-Barre and Harrisburg. Nothing but good things to say about the people down there.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I worked in the area as a newbie fresh out of college and, socially, it wasn't the best scene.
    However, living costs were super cheap, beer was cheap and there were a lot of good guys working in the area.
    For the right person trying to get their foot in a door anywhere, this is a great place.
    But whatever you do, do it single. Fail on my part; wish I could have stayed longer.

4. My sources tell me Scott Dudinskie, formerly of the Press Enterprise in Bloomsburg has landed this gig. Scott's been out of work since being laid off in Bloomsburg in the spring of '09. Congrats Scott.

5. Keystone

Keystone Member

Big thumbs up on this hire. The PE shot itself in the foot letting him go.

6. thebigd

thebigd Member

good to see guys who got laid off and still love the business get another opportunity

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Scott's very good people. I wouldn't be where I am right now writing-wise if not for his help.

8. FlagScribe

FlagScribe New Member

Agreed ... Scott is a true wordsmith who is passionate about local sports. He'll be spinning award-winning pieces for his former competitor in no time. And the PE will wince.

Draft saved Draft deleted