1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dr. Ruth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jul 13, 2024.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thought she was already dead.
    RIP

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

People talk about being “ahead of your time.”

She was 75 years ahead of her time.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She was a regular at the charity day when I worked on Wall Street and was very funny (and tiny). She came into my office one year when I was working that day and asked why I looked so serious. I said that I was just busy amd stressed. She asked me “well, are you having good sex?” I said, “I’ve got a 4 year old and a 14 month old, so I’m having infrequent sex”. She insisted on trying to call my wife to speak with her. I definitely didn’t give her my home number.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

96 - Holocaust survivor. She actually was pretty influential in the no-sex '80s when everyone suddenly was freaking out about STDs. I still think of this though. This set still delivers. So damn funny.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I guess God needed to have better sex.

UPChip, qtlaw and HanSenSE like this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This either saved you grief or was an epically missed opportunity. The grief might have been worth the story and the risk.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

UPChip, maumann and Spartan Squad like this.
  10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

What a remarkable backstory. After being orphaned in the Holocaust (she was sent on a Kindertransport to Switzerland in 1938, never to see her family again, as they were all murdered in Auschwitz), she made it to pre-state Israel as a teenager, trained as a sniper in the Haganah (forerunner of the IDF) and was gravely wounded in the War for Independence.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I told Mrs. W the story much later.

Draft saved Draft deleted