1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rose Bowl media food poisoning

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by write then drink, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've got no horse in this race, but that really made me laugh.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah? Well, you line up behind the right horse, or YOU'RE in the can next, mister.

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

This was the second post on the thread, sir.
    This is where I took part in the free food argument. And no, I won't personally attack you back even though you admitted you were personally attacking me. What gives?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Please show me where prior to this that anyone mentioned free food?

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

KYSW can't keep up with all the bullshit in this thread.

6. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Member

The Rose Bowl held a media reception at the ESPN Zone from 5-8 p.m. PDT on Dec. 31. That's where people got sick. And it wasn't just Penn State people. And (not that this should matter), the food was free.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Won't be the first time ESPN made media members vomit.

Hope everyone gets better. Can't wait to read the roll call of the afflicted later today.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Nice ad for how good ESPN Zone's food is. And I eat there sometimes when I'm in a city that has one.

All I can think of is the Daffy Duck cartoon where he says "easy, stomach... don't turn over now..."

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Please provide specifics rather than abject speculation. Thanks!

10. lono

lono Active Member

FIXED

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Several years ago, at the Monday Michigan Media luncheon before a Michigan-Ohio State game, several members of media got food poisoning from the hotel/restaurant that hosted the event each week.
    I'm talking violently ill -- one then-assistant SID was in the hospital for a couple of days -- from the mayo.
    Slappy escaped, but to this day, Slappy won't take mayo from a mass-consumption sandwich spread...

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Fredrick, be very careful when you toss around banning suggestions. You may not like the results.
    Moderator1 doesn't like such bullshit. Neither does Webby, Gutter, playthrough, Elliotte Friedman, Flying Headbutt, Trooper Bari, BigRagu or anyone else on the management team.

And, dear fellow posters, just because ONE member acts like an asshole doesn't give the rest of you the right to jump in. Some of you don't learn yer lessons very good, does you?

The one Rose Bowl Moderator1 covered, the food was amazing. Endless. Great variety. All free. And I didn't get sick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.