1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking sports reporter | Traverse City, Michigan

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SFIND, Jul 8, 2016.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking sports reporter in northern Michigan

The Traverse City Record-Eagle seeks a talented, well-rounded sports reporter to join our team covering a five-county region that boasts both outstanding high school athletes and world-class adventure sports enthusiasts.

Our ideal candidate has experience producing content on all platforms, excellent news judgment, drive to tell the big stories and the ability to quickly develop strong relationships with sources. Our newsroom emphasizes teamwork, values outside-the-box thinking and demands the ability to work under pressure.

The candidate we select will join a collaborative team of 20 dedicated journalists who produce a seven-day print paper (18,500 daily; 24,000 Sunday), a quarterly lifestyle magazine, and serve our strong online audience.

The Record-Eagle is consistently rated among the best newspapers of its size in the state by the Michigan Press Association, and has won numerous state, regional and national journalism awards.

Traverse City is located in a region of northern Michigan consistently recognized for its natural beauty, cultural offerings and quality of life.

Applicants should email a resume, links to work samples and a letter explaining why they want to live and work in northern Michigan to: Editor Nathan Payne at npayne@record-eagle.com.

2. DancesWithDirt

DancesWithDirt New Member

Traverse City is an amazing area. I'd wonder about the cost of living.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It costs an awful lot of cherries to live there ...

4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Home of the Beach Bums

5. DancesWithDirt

Home of the Bayshore Marathon and Red Wings training camp.

6. toivo99

toivo99 Member

You will need a roommate to afford rent. You will need an independently wealthy spouse to buy a home.

DancesWithDirt and I Should Coco like this.
  7. DancesWithDirt

That's what I gathered. I'm interested in this job. Traverse City is one of my favorite places (I run Bayshore every year). But a quick scouting report on rent in the area wasn't too encouraging for what I presume this job would pay.

Draft saved Draft deleted