1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sheep 2012 (Week 10 questions on page 34)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by copperpot, Jan 9, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, rico, do you know anything about me? About my family? Or, hell, about Mizzou or his family? Classifying someone as an asshole over this seems a bit over the top. All I said was that something that was tacitly allowed for nine weeks was arbitrarily not allowed in week 10. If this was supposedly a fun game, then it should have allowed the stragglers in, as had been the case for nine weeks.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Rico didn't use the word asshole. And while your complaint still doesn't make sense to me, I think we were all talking about Mizzougrad96 and his colossally bitchy whining.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's just a game.

Jesus. Dools and Mizzou are acting like it's the end of the damn world just because their answers weren't accepted after the deadline.

4. dooley_womack1

You realize, of course, how that "it's just a game" can be flipped to make one wonder why, for just once all season, the deadline suddenly became sancrosanct. And it's utterly irrefutable that the rules changed.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But they really didn't. There was always a deadline. She was flexible in the nine weeks leading up to the finale, then set a firm deadline for that week.

If you can't deal with that, that's your issue.

6. dooley_womack1

OK, so a dead serious game then. Wish you'd make up your mind on this.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I thought one reason she did it was the Peyton Manning question. It was in responding to Mizzou's claim that everyone was going to wait until past the deadline so as to gain an advantage on that question that she told him and the rest of us not to test the deadline this week. She then went back and added that note to the original list of Week 10 questions.

Unless you copy and pasted the questions Monday as soon as they were posted, waited six days to send those copy and pasted questions in AND never came back to the thread, you had every reason to believe the deadline would be more strictly enforced.

If there hadn't been any kind of fresh warning, I'd be a lot more understanding. But, there was, and everyone saw it.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Right. Worth noting: Mizzougrad's proclamation begat the strict deadline.

9. I think some people on this board just love a good debate. And they will hold on to their belief with a death grip. A rational person would think, "I still think I'm right, but I see how this is making me look, so we can just agree to disagree and move on." That ain't close to happening here.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I for one hope copper does another round and hopefully I'll get a chance to play this time.

Draft saved Draft deleted