1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports and News Reporters-Suburban Life Publications (Chicago area)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by srnitz86, Jun 30, 2009.

1. srnitz86

srnitz86 Guest

Company: Suburban Life Publications
    Position: Sports and news reporters
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: August 4, 2009
    Job ID: 786600

Description:
    Suburban Life Publications, a hard-hitting and driven suburban Chicago media company, is accepting applications from sports and news reporters for anticipated openings over the next month.

To be considered for these positions, applicants must follow the guidelines below.

We're seeking reporters with big ideas, as well as the drive and skill to implement those ideas quickly. We believe in unique, community-focused enterprise journalism that makes a difference in people's lives and makes our communities better places to live.

We strive to tell stories in nontraditional ways, helping readers understand quickly, and we place a heavy emphasis on alternative story formats. Our reporters also pursue opportunities for multimedia storytelling, from photo slideshows to videos.

WHO WE ARE Suburban Life, a unit of GateHouse Media Inc., publishes two dozen nondaily newspapers and 60 daily websites in the western Chicago suburbs, in addition to niche magazines.

APPLICATION GUIDELINES

• At this time, we are only accepting applicants currently residing in the greater Chicago region.

• E-mail applications are highly preferred. No phone calls.

• Send a resume, five work samples, and a short letter.

• Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.

Mark Colosimo, executive editor

Suburban Life Publications

mcolosimo@mysuburbanlife.com

1101 West 31st Street, Suite 100

Downers Grove, IL 60515

Anybody have any info about this company?

2. Ax-Journalist

Ax-Journalist New Member

Uh, yeah. I can help you out - GateHouse blows.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

GateHouse owns Suburban LIFE now? Yikes. And I thought the Kubiks were bad ...

Are there any independent/family owned suburban papers left in Chicagoland??

Draft saved Draft deleted