1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports copy editor, The Telegraph (Nashua, N.H.).

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Sean Smyth, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Sean Smyth

Sean Smyth Member

Date posted: 7/6/2008
    Newspaper: Nashua (N.H.) Telegraph
    Job listing: Sports Copy Editor
    Contact
    (e-mail): Alan Greenwood, Sports Editor
    agreenwood@nashuatelegraph.com
    Phone number: —
    Information: Working with the Sports Editor and Assistant Sports Editor on deadline, the sports copy editor will help in editing copy, both local and wire, and nightly page flow. Additionally, this sports desk person will take charge of the KidSports pages, the paper's weekly home for community youth sports news.

As The Telegraph continues its mission to converge the print and online products the person in this position will be asked to assist and offer creative input into the creation and presentation of an interactive online KidSports section with the goal of getting this up and running as soon as we have the necessary technology to move forward.

This is an hourly, second-shift position. Copy editing, headline writing, design and pagination skills are required.

Interested candidates should reply to Sports Editor Alan Greenwood at
    agreenwood@nashuatelegraph.com

-----

The sports folk are good people, especially Alan and whoever else still is around.

2. Alan Greenwood

Alan Greenwood New Member

In the interest of full disclosure:
    The pay for this position has been set at $14 per hour.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

$14 an hour? That's OK. The cost of living in New Hampshire is only about 10 percent higher than the national average. ::)

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

$30,000 a year for a 24K paper? That's not terrible.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, that's not bad for the circ size. Not sure if it's decent for the area.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Nashua is a very, very large city; although you can find some decent places to live within a 10-20-30 minute driving distance. Plenntttyy of smaller towns you can move into and all within decent driving distance from the larger cities so you are definitely not that far from something to do.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, I didn't mean to comment on the area. Never been there, no idea about COL. But I never made 30K until my current job, so I can't see that being a terrible amount. You may not have a house, but you can probably find a good enough apartment.

Draft saved Draft deleted