1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports designer/copy editor -- The Bellingham (Wash.) Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by David Rasbach, Jul 23, 2008.

1. David Rasbach

David Rasbach New Member

The Bellingham Herald, a 25,000-circulation McClatchy daily in Northwest Washington, is looking for a designer with strong copy editing and organizational skills for our presentation team. We're looking for someone with a good sense of typography and photo use and who happily collaborates with assigning editors, reporters and photographers. Our integrated newsroom allows all staff to work for the daily newspaper, online and glossy publications. This designer will work primarily with the sports department. Quark, Photoshop skills required.

Bellingham is a waterfront community that's the gateway to Mt. Baker and the home of Western Washington University. We're two hours north of Seattle and one hour south of Vancouver, B.C.

Interested applicants should apply by sending resume and design clips to Sports Editor David Rasbach at david.rasbach@bellinghamherald.com.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the section used to draw a lotta respect back in the day. same thing has happened here that's happened every where else. still a good gig, though.

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Rasbach's good people.

4. Ditto on Daver. Even if he does resemble a polar bear when he runs.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Town's great.

Other than that? No comment.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Oh, Bellingham. The forgotten little town in the NW corner of the NW state. ... It's a McClatchy paper, if that still means anything.

I can answer/get answers to any questions folks have in PM.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What's the pay like?

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

If I were a copy editor, I would be all over this. Beautiful part of the country.

9. Nice proximity to Seattle and Vancouver, two dynamite towns. Were I a bit younger, I'd jump on this myself.

10. David Rasbach

David Rasbach New Member

As I recall, it was better to be a polar bear than a goat in those days.

11. David Rasbach

David Rasbach New Member

Pay is very competitive for a 25,000 circulation paper and is based on the level of previous experience.

12. bshriane

bshriane Guest

Bellingham is the "City of Subdued Excitement" after all.

Draft saved Draft deleted