1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Albany, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Daniel Shirley, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Yes, we have a second opening at The Albany Herald.
    I have been asked by my executive editor to post this position for him as I have accepted a job at The Macon Telegraph. If you have any interest in the position at The Herald, contact Jim Hendricks at jim.hendricks@albanyherald.com. If you have any questions I can answer, feel free to call me at 229 888-9305.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Congrats, Daniel. Good luck at the Tel.

Nolte's good people, too.

EDIT: Duh. Typo. No, I didn't mean to do that, novel. Thanks for the correx.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Didn't know if you meant to do that, but I fixed it anyway ...

4. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

Daniel,
    Haven't talked to ya in forever, but congrats on the gig. Always thought the Macon paper had a ton of potential. Best of luck with the move and everything.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

hey, danny, good luck there. hopefully you won't encounter the same problems I did.

6. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Daniel,
    What will be you doing in Macon?

As for Albany - they've always done a lot of good things there. Now, it's been a long time since I been there or through there, so I can't speak to quality of life.

Draft saved Draft deleted