1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - Albany, GA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Reporter

Date Posted June 16, 2015
    Location Albany, Georgia
    Job Status Full-time
    Salary Negotiable
    Website http://www.albanyherald.com

Description:
    The Albany Herald, a seven day a week newspaper in Southwest Georgia, has an opening for a sports reporter. The candidate should be familiar with AP style and able to produce copy on live events under a tight deadline. In addition to good writing skills, the successful candidate must have skills in still photography, video and social media. To apply, submit resume and 3-5 examples of your best work to Sports Editor Tim Morse at tim.morse@albanyherald.com, or mail your material to Tim Morse, The Albany Herald, P.O. Box 48, Albany, GA 31702. Background check and drug screening are required for employment.

2. JosephMyers

JosephMyers Member

I can vouch for Tim, having met and dealt with him when he was with Columbus and Albany. He's good people. I can tell you there's been a good amount of turnover in the sports section (why, I'm not sure), but there's a lot of opportunities to cover preps and the Division II school in town (Albany State) that usually does well in most every sport in the SIAC.

3. jsimp

jsimp Member

Any new updates with this one?

4. jsimp

jsimp Member

Anything new with this one?

Draft saved Draft deleted