1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Decatur, IL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, May 23, 2014.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/job_listing.cfm?jobid=1210246

Company: Herald & Review
    Position:
    Join our sports team
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified

Description:

The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic writer to help us keep up with an area rich in top sports programs and come away with more than just a game story. We cover more than 50 high schools but responsibilities could include local colleges and general assignment. The person must be excited to get us ahead of the curve with our online components and be able switch over to copy editing duties on a regular basis.
    Send resume and writing samples to: Mike Albright, sports editor, Decatur Herald & Review, 601 E. William, Decatur, Ill., 62525 or email them to at malbright@herald-review.com.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Must be willing to live with horrible smell

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Cows or co-workers?

4. NickMathews

NickMathews New Member

Sports editor Mike Albright was the first person to give me a full-time job, and he was a terrific boss.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Read the paper many times on trips to St. Louis and back. Good place! Although I knew what the "smell" reference meant at one point...

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

IIRC, rendering plant.

We used to drive there to visit family when I was little and I'd cry whenever we had to go past "Stinky Staley's."

7. Todd M. Adams

Todd M. Adams Member

I'll just echo this. I also worked in Decatur once upon a time and Mike Albright was great. This is a very good job for someone.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I had an interview with Mike many years ago. Didn't get the job that year, but he seemed like a pretty decent guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted