1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Kingman AZ

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jun 28, 2013.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

from journalismjobs.com

Company: Kingman Daily Miner
    Salary: Negotiable

The Kingman Daily Miner has an immediate opening for a Sports Reporter. The right candidate will cover and coordinate prep sports and local sporting events primarily in NW Arizona. Previous experience is preferred but not necessary. Photography skills a plus. Reliable transportation required. We offer an excellent benefit package, including 401k, and a competitive salary. EEOE/NSE.

Forward your resume along with work samples to: Kingman Daily Miner, 3015 Stockton Hill Road, Kingman, AZ 86401; Fax: (928) 753-8350; email: nthorpe@kdminer.com

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Be warned: It gets toasty here in the summer ... but you can get your kicks on Route 66! A portion of the local economy is built around US 66 tourists.

The city itself is on I-40. Maybe an hour or so to Laughlin as well as Lake Havasu, two hours to Vegas, three and some change to Phoenix.

3. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Kingman is also a couple of hours from the Grand Canyon, Barringer Crater and Winslow ( as mentioned in the song by the Eagles).

4. Kingman is about 10-15 degrees cooler than the Colorado River Valley.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Kingman is a 30-minute shot to Laughlin, an hour to Lake Mead, and four hours to LA with a good fuzzbuster.

And they have an In-N-Out restaurant.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

In other words..... in the middle of nowhere. And, BTW, it was 110 F today.

7. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I thought Needles, CA, an hour from Kingman, was the middle of nowhere.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The middle of nowhere is Trona.

9. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Having been there, I can't disagree with you.

10. Come on, guys. It's like 15 minutes from Tahoe.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Love that area to visit. Thanks to another poster on this board, I discovered Oatman, practically a ghost town where wild (really tame, though) donkeys have free run of the place.

12. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Yeah...one bit me on the leg once. Didn't even break the skin, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted