1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, The Oconee Enterprise (GA)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by OE Sports, Jul 23, 2015.

1. OE Sports

OE Sports New Member

The Oconee Enterprise, a weekly newspaper in Watkinsville, Ga., is seeking a full-time sports reporter to cover the five high schools in the county.

Located about 10 minutes from Athens and the University of Georgia main campus, Oconee County has a lot to offer throughout the season, as schools in the area are routinely competing with the best in the state, especially during the spring season.

Reporting on high school sports is the priority, but chances to cover the Georgia Bulldogs do pop up from time to time.

The position mainly involves writing and photography, but some knowledge of layout is a plus while our office uses Quark as our pagination tool.

Oconee County is a nice place to live for those that don't like the college town of Athens, but for those that like the latter can certainly live in Athens as it's just a short ride (and cheaper for the most part).

Please send a cover letter, resume and writing samples to sportseditor@oconeeenterprise.com

2. Benjamin Wolk

Benjamin Wolk New Member

I previously held this position. Feel free to PM me for any information, as well. Ryne, the sports editor, is great to work with, and story lines are easy to come by in this eventful county.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Watkinsville is something of a bedroom community for Athens and UGA in particular in that a lot of professors live there. So you'll have a highly educated readership.

4. Cesar Toledo

Cesar Toledo New Member

I came across this post and was wondering if your company is still in the market for a sports reporter. I assume that the job may be unavailable but I wanted to take a stab at it anyway.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

... I would guess not, since this post is from July.

Travis Smith likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted