1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer - Danville Register & Bee

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by thestatman, Jul 23, 2010.

1. thestatman

thestatman Member

Per Journalismjobs.com - http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1187325

The Register & Bee, a 20,000-circulation daily in Danville in southern Virginia, is looking for a sports writer to cover high schools, minor league baseball, ACC sports and NASCAR. One-plus year experience preferred, but top college grads also routinely start with us. A strong background in multimedia is a plus. We are especially interested in applicants in and near Virginia and North Carolina. Send a cover letter, resume and no more than five clips to Chris Morris, regional sports editor, P.O. Box 10129, Lynchburg, VA 24506, or email cmorris@newsadvance.com with the words 'sports writer` as the subject. No phone calls or Web site links, please.

2. Keystone

Keystone Member

As a former Danville staffer, when I saw where to send the resume, I vomited in my mouth.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who left?

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Jason Wolf. He's going to Greensboro as the junior buffer at the erotic car wash off I-40 lead preps writer at the News & Record.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Jason did a lot of good work for the Bee. I don't work there, but I know plenty about it. PM me if you have questions.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Good for Wolfman.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Does this job include covering Phineas and Ferb?

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I think you cover more of the Doofenshmirtz beat.

9. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

But if you break the Agent P story...

10. Todd M. Adams

Todd M. Adams Member

Great hire for Greensboro.

11. jeffpatterson

jeffpatterson New Member

Turbo will do great things in Greensboro. However, I wonder who will write about Tunstall softball now that Jason is leaving the R&B.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I still can't believe Media General gutted such a good paper. Well, actually, yes I can.

Draft saved Draft deleted