1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Kokomo, IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Kokomo Tribune, an award-winning, 23,500-circulation A.M. daily in north central Indiana, seeks a sports reporter. Preferred candidates will have strong writing skills, an ability to build relationships with story subjects and readers, complete investigative work and have a flair for feature writing. Experience in video reporting would be a plus. We expect our reporters and editors to break news stories on our Web site as it happens. Send resume and clips to Jeff Kovaleski, managing editor, at jeff.kovaleski@kokomotribune.com or 300 N. Union St., Kokomo, IN 46901.

2. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Everybody knows a little place like Kokomo

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

It's also the name of a place to get pancakes all day in Los Angeles.

4. That's where we wanna go
    Way down to Kokomo.

5. Will they fill this fast, or will they take it slow? ;D

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The best view of Kokomo, I shit you not, is in the rear-view mirror when you're on U.S. 31. Doesn't matter which direction you're heading.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Ah come on. Cheap place to stay if you want to be north of Indy. Lots of restaurants.

Now LIVING THERE? Someone else chime in...

8. Hambone

Hambone Member

Two words: Hip Hugger

9. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Thing is, it takes you about three days to get through town on US 31.

It's about an hour north of Indy (an hour and a half if you live on the northside of town ... seriously, US 31 in Kokomo is held up nationwide as an example of how not to build a bypass ... it's 7 miles of stoplights, fast food joints, shopping malls and traffic snarls) and about an hour and a half south of South Bend. It's a big Chrysler/Delphi town, which is to say, like many north central Indiana communities, it's dying.

Paper is CNHI-owned. It's the hub for their north central Indiana papers. Dave Kitchell is the SE and he's a really good guy. He's been there for years and is a legend in the area.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

BOOOOO!

OK, I laughed. :)

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I think you can actually get through Kokomo quicker by going downtown (old 31). All the traffic's out on the bypass. :)

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think there is a great ramen shop called Walmart on the bypass.

Draft saved Draft deleted