1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taking your own clubs to Top Golf - douchebag move or not?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 20, 2024.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Four couples going tonight. We all play golf, but nobody lives or dies by it.
    One of the guys asked about bringing his own clubs. My opinion is that you'd look a little like Johnny Tryhard.

We are going for beers, nachos and to hit a few balls.

Thoughts?

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"Hey, don't forget your golf cleats, Judge Smails."

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You're going to Top Golf ... by definition, douchebag move.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I’ve taken mine before. I didn’t feel like a douche.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Just don't wear red on Sunday.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wait, you don’t bring your own clubs? So Top Golf is more putt putt than driving range?

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No, it's more driving range. I've been a few times. I didn't bring my clubs, but I didn't take it seriously either. If you bring your clubs, so what.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I’ve never been. Probably would bring my own clubs 1) they aren’t anything special, so I’m not bragging 2) I always assume no one has things for lefties and 3) I probably would because I assume you do at a driving range. As it is, if I’m at a driving range, I either have to flip everything over or stand in all the divots.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They have them. Last I went we took my nephews day after Christmas and my brother is a lefty. It's expensive, but I've always had fun. We went in Vegas when we had a weekend for a my dad's 70th. And I went a couple of other times.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I’d say it’s similar to going out to a bar or bowling alley with a couple of pool tables and bringing “a two-piece custom made pool cue.”

Sounds like more of a social outing, so just use the Top Golf clubs.

BitterYoungMatador2 and Slacker like this.
  11. poindexter

Why?

12. poindexter

The El Segundo Top Golf is nice - as were the other ones I've been to in Vegas and Sacramento. A tad pricey. Beautiful Saturday summer late evening, and when we left at 7:00, it really wasn't packed.

Draft saved Draft deleted