1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom Petty rumor

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I guess it's circulating the Internet that Petty might have ALS/Lou Gehrig's Disease ... God, I hate to turn this into an Internet gossip board and debated whether to even bring it up here. But seriously wondered whether anyone else had heard anything like this or if it was random and isolated?

I sure hope it's not true.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Is there something in the air about it?

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I heard an interview on the radio Thursday in which he said he's got a lot of CDs he wants to make and will cut back on touring after this one, that he'll still tour, but only month-long tours. He made it clear that it wasn't because he's older and tired but because touring reduces his ability to make new music.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I hope it's not true. My cousin's husband dies of this last week, a little more than one year after diagnosis.

5. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I heard he was the next coach at Miami. [/Pancamo]

6. sheos

sheos Member

yeah, let's hope this isn't true, petty is great. if he passes away, that would eliminate all of the travleing wilbures except for bob dylan

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No, he's still around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Lynne

8. sheos

sheos Member

oh yeah i forgot about jeff lynne - was he only on the final album after roy orbison died, or was he in the band from the start?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's VH-1 Classic REE REE REEloaded!!!

10. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Lynne is an original member of the Wilburys.

11. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Damn, hope it's not true.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

think how i feel.

Draft saved Draft deleted