1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Blaming Right to Work for "lower wages" is pretty stupid when union demands are an even quicker ticket to send companies out of town. What's lower than zero?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The GOP's chances of winning the presidency.

3. old_tony

Hillary and Obama were "moderate" 15 years ago? Holy fuck, that's funny!!!

4. old_tony

If you work nights, you don't get up early in the morning for work. I thought everyone understood this.

5. old_tony

And I am not listening to any professional wrestling talk shows on Sirius!!!!

6. old_tony

I may have to try a Jersey Mike's. I love Jimmy John's, and if Jersey Mike's is better, I have to try it.

JackReacher likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But you said responsible people get up for work in the morning. Which means according to you, people who work at night are not responsible people.

8. old_tony

At least he didn't say "Chocked bigly."

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At this point there is no nominee, so in that sense you are correct. However, when the Committee Chair publicly announces that there will be no interview, hearing, or consideration of any candidate that the President puts forward, I think that qualifies as being determined to hold up the process. He has certainly publicly announced that he has every intention of doing so.

When Obama sat down with members of the committee, I didn't notice them providing him a list of candidates that they thought might contain an acceptable compromise. Instead we got “Mr. Grassley and I made it clear that we don’t intend to take up a nominee or to have hearings,” Mr. McConnell said at a news conference at the Capitol.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why would I have been for something that got some of my relatives, and would have likely gotten myself and my family killed?

Think, McFly, think.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We've talked a lot about the failure of the GOP to solve the collective action problem that continues to let Trump win with 30-35% of the vote. And the irony there is amazing.

But there's probably another factor I've only seen mentioned a few places: Citizens United. The free flow of money into these campaigns means that the party can't pressure people to drop out by cutting them off. There's enough money to support all these candidates running national campaigns and then some.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. old_tony

That has what to do with the GOP field?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.