1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If Clinton wraps it up, does she pick Bernie as VP nominee to keep his voters? Would he want it?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

If he agrees to be Clinton's VP, then most of his message was bullshit.

heyabbott and I Should Coco like this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No, and she doesn't need it.

For a contested primary, her numbers with Sanders supporters are higher than you'd usually see at this point.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Tend to agree. But I didn't expect Carson and Christie to jump in bed with Trump.

5. Deskgrunt50

I doubt he'd want it anyway. It'll be an interesting choice.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

She's giving a definitive answer. There's no spinning it. She's flat-out saying that she wants him to talk. She's also flat-out said that she wants all the emails made public. She's either very confident that he has nothing, or she's really foolish and/or overconfident (yeah, I know), in that she gave such a definitive answer.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Releasing ALL the emails is a non-starter - can't be done because of the classified info they contain - particularly the 22 with TS/SAP that couldn't even be redacted partially.

So she can call for them to be released, knowing damn well they can't be. Slick. Spin.

8. Baron Scicluna

Sure they can. Information is declassified all the time, just like information is retroactively classified.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hillary did hang on until the end in 2008.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

TS/SAP usually has downgrade instructions of at least 25 years before you can declassify it, if ever.
    I'm going to bed y'all. Have a good evening!
    I will be 300 posts behind in the morning.

11. Baron Scicluna

Good morning!

According to this, the 25-year standard is meant for automatic declassification, except for SAPs, which can be 40 years, unless there is a review and request for exemption. It doesn't say that something can't be declassified beforehand.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/520507vol4.pdf

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Clinton snuck in and stole Missouri with the late St. Louis count. 5-for-5 tonight.

TigerVols likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.