1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YMCA B-Baller Watches The VMAs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YMCA B-Baller, Sep 11, 2024 at 8:21 PM.

1. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

It's on in my house. Has nothing to do with having a 20-something kid in the house. After all I'm ...

[​IMG]

Give or take a few years ...

Whatever. I am nothing if not at the very tip of the penis of pop sensibility, so ride with me as you take you through all that is cool in 2024.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. YMCA B-Baller

Post Malone looks like someone borrowed his head to do a scientific equation.

3. YMCA B-Baller

Oh and in case any of you fellow Gen Xers long for the days when the VMAs were relevant to you? Know that they have always sucked.

Inky_Wretch and I Should Coco like this.
  4. YMCA B-Baller

This may come as a shock, but Taylor Swift - THAT CAT-EATING LIBTARD! - won the first VMA.

It may also come as a shock that they still have videos! Hey-oh! Gen X bitterness in the house!

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. YMCA B-Baller

Megan Thee Stallion is on the fast-track to hosting the New Year's Eve countdown show within the next decade.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I feel like YouTube saved the music video genre after it was on life support.

7. YMCA B-Baller

The general acceptance of BDSM imagery is kinda depressing. Not because I disapprove, hardly, but some of the allure is taken away when it's kind of mainstream, no?

Break into discussion groups.

8. YMCA B-Baller

Vaguely attractive man with acoustic guitar. It's a more reliable economic model for success than caskets.

9. YMCA B-Baller

So they're working performances into the ads, huh? We didn't need that shit in 1984!

10. YMCA B-Baller

Hey kids! It's Cyndi Lauper. She's one of the elder stateswomen.

I'm going to go off myself.

11. YMCA B-Baller

Spittake!

SABRINA CARPENTER!

12. YMCA B-Baller

My daughter has the "Short 'n Sweet" album and I have heard it in its entirety.

I unironically dig.

Draft saved Draft deleted